Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
How to Remove Water Stains From Wood:
- Buff the area affected by water immediately after damage happens with a soft, cotton cloth such as a diaper. Soft cotton will absorb the water without scratching the wood.
- Try your best to buff with the woods grain for best results
- If you still see water marks try using a blow-dryer on a low setting before it sets into the wood. If you do not use a low setting your previous water mark will turn into a heat mark.
- After you have removed the water stain, to make the wood look fresh and new buff the surface with an oil-based furniture polish.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (504) 468-3046
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
SERVPRO Provides Rapid Water Removal to North Kenner Properties
North Kenner Property Owners Trust SERVPRO for Water Damage Mitigation and Restoration Services
More Water Damage-Related Videos
24 hour service
We work with your insurance.
For a stress free claims process, SERVPRO can help manage the insurance paperwork and process. Call for details.
Kevin was awesome, great personality, service adaptability to my schedule and was always on time!
Sylvia H. in New Orleans
More Water Damage-Related Reviews
before & after photos
Water Ruins Flooring in North Kenner
It can be unfortunate when a leak in an unoccupied home can soak into a laminated flooring for se...
More Before & After Photos