Don't Fall Victim to Fire Damage | SERVPRO of North Kenner, Harahan & Lakeview
"A person who fails to plan, plans to fail."
Even when taking safety precautions, you can fall victim to a house fire at a moment's notice. In order to be prepared for a devastating event such as a house fire, it is important to have a plan in place and make sure all family members know what to do during a fire.
A fire damage cleanup plan for your North Kenner, Harahan, & Lakeview home should include:
- Install the right number of smoke alarms. Test them once a month and replace the batteries at least once a year.
- Teach children what smoke alarms sound like and what to do when they hear one.
- Ensure that all household members know two ways to escape from every room of your home and know the family meeting spot outside of your home.
- Establish a family emergency communications plan and ensure that all household members know who to contact if they cannot find one another.
- Practice escaping from your home at least twice a year.
- Make sure everyone knows how to call 9-1-1.
- Teach household members to STOP, DROP and ROLL if their clothes should catch on fire.
- Plans for where you and your family will stay after a fire.
- The details of your insurance company.
- A file of important information about your family and pets, including medical needs.
- Emergency contact details such as your doctor, vet, and a fire damage cleanup company.
Never enter your home until you have clearance from the fire department. Many homes are not structurally sound after a fire. The next step is to call SERVPRO of North Kenner, Harahan & Lakeview. We can take care of every aspect of fire damage cleanup, from removing soot stains and smells to overseeing redecorating and structural repairs.
If you need a fire damage cleanup company, you can trust, call SERVPRO of North Kenner, Harahan & Lakeview (504) 468-3046.