Does Your North Kenner, Harahan & Lakeview Home Have Leaking Windows?
What to Do if There Is a Water Leak Around a Window
The natural elements can wear down the integrity of a home. Over time, the homeowner may notice leakage around a window, which can possibly result in wood rot, mold, and water damage. The longer the leak is left unaddressed, the more the repairs will cost.
Locate the Problem
Even a slow drip can mean that more water is sitting inside of the wall. Once a homeowner notices moisture trickling from a window when it rains, the first step is to carefully look at the wall around the area to find the source of the leak. However, thanks to gravity, appearances can be deceiving; liquid may pool in one place, but that place is not always the leak's origin.
Two common problem areas are the edge and the rubber seal. The gap between the edge and the surrounding wall is usually sealed with caulk. Eventually, the caulk dries out and begins to peel and chip. Like caulk, the rubber seal situated between the panes and frame can ultimately dry out, creating rips in the rubber.
Gauge the Severity of Damage
Depending on the severity of the damage, the window may need to be replaced. A replacement is usually warranted when decaying or softness is found on nearby surfaces. However, even if the surrounding surfaces seem to be structurally sound, the homeowner should not just re-caulk the gaps without getting an expert's opinion on the full extent of the damage.
SERVPRO® of North Kenner, Harahan, & Lakeview Can Help!
A specialist at SERVPRO® of North Kenner, Harahan, & Lakeview can determine whether any ceiling tiles or drywall have sustained damage. After he assesses the situation, the restoration technician will give the homeowner the best remediation option to make the damage disappear. By acting quickly, the homeowner can prevent expensive repairs in the future. SERVPRO® of North Kenner, Harahan, & Lakeview is always ready to help the residents of Kenner and the city's surrounding communities solve their water damage problems.
Why a Dehumidifier Is Great for Your North Kenner, Harahan, & Lakeview Home
When cleaning up water damage, commercial-grade dehumidifiers are excellent for sucking excess moisture from the air, helping to dry out the area and prevent further damage. While extraction of the standing water takes first priority, dehumidification prevents a variety of further problems such as improving air quality and reducing mold growth. If you don’t already have a dehumidifier, here are some benefits of why you should get one.
- Overly moist air is susceptible to catching a variety of airborne particles, contaminating your air. This could include dust, dead skin cells, and mold spores. Dehumidification reduces the number of particles in the air, making it easier and better for breathing.
- Reducing moisture and maintain cleaner air is one of the best ways to prevent mold growth in your home. Mold grows by finding a damp, wet environment and then releases spores into the air which spread throughout your home until they find another surface to grow on. One of the reasons we at SERVPRO of North Kenner, Harahan, & Lakeview dehumidify areas that have been affected by water loss is to reduce the chance of mold growth.
- A less humid environment in your home means clothing will dry faster, pieces of bread and cereals will remain fresh longer without getting stale, and you won’t find signs of rust or corrosion on things like computer equipment, electronics, and tools.
- A dehumidifier also lowers energy costs because it helps your air conditioner run more efficiently. When the air in your home is more humid, the A/C must do the function of cooling the air and removing moisture, which means it has to work harder. This also causes your A/C to wear out sooner, which means you will need to replace and repair it more often.
Keeping Your N. Kenner, Harahan, & Lakeview Office Tidy
A clean and neat workspace is essential to not only productivity but also your employees. Being in a pandemic it is very important to set cleaning standards high and stick with them. Keep reading for more clean office benefits below.
- Dusty surfaces, dirty carpets and stale upholstered office furniture can severely impact air quality over time in an office space. Make sure that you keep a consistent schedule that includes wiping down all hard surfaces, vacuuming carpets and cleaning all upholstered furniture, to keep air quality healthy.
- Keeping a clean and sanitized office space doesn’t only help air quality, but it will also reduce germs and bacteria from adhering to high touch surfaces. This will ensure that your office staff, and any visitors, have a decreased risk of getting sick.
- Cleaning floors and reducing clutter in high-traffic areas, will ensure that there are less slips and falls and keep both employees and visitors safe.
- Among all the other benefits, having a clean, sanitized and tidy workspace simply makes the business appear more professional to both employees and consumers.
If you think your Kenner, Harahan, or Lakeview office could use a little help in the cleaning department, we got you! SERVPRO of North Kenner, Harahan, & Lakeview specializes in general cleanings, as well as sanitation and disinfection. It is our number one goal to help keep your business in great, safe shape. We’re here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, just give us a call (504) 468-3046.
10 Reasons to Choose SERVPRO of North Kenner, Harahan & Lakeview
When you have a residential loss or a commercial loss, SERVPRO of North Kenner, Harahan & Lakeview is your best choice to help. We specialize in large and small losses so no matter what we can be there for you, your family, or your company. Below are 10 reasons why we are the best local choice for your needs.
- 24/7/365: SERVPRO knows disaster doesn't wait. We are available days, evenings, holidays, and weekends.
- Communication: SERVPRO will keep you and your insurance informed on the status of your project.
- Reduce Recovery Time: SERVPRO's main goal is to not cause interruption. We will work tirelessly to ensure you are back in your home or office ASAP.
- Lower Recovery Cost: SERVPRO will help you save money and works directly with your insurance.
- Emergency Ready Profile: SERVPRO offers an ERP that can help you plan for disaster before it happens.
- Full Line of Service: SERVPRO will help to solve your cleanup needs. We offer a variety of services.
- A Leader in Storm Response: SERVPRO will help when you need it the most. Remember the 24/7/365?
- Over 50 years of business We've been around for quite some time, so we've seen a few things or two.
- More than 1,700 locations SERVPRO has the power for those larger jobs.
- Experience and training in mitigation damages ranging from a single-family home to skyscrapers.
Call the professionals at SERVPRO of North Kenner, Harahan, & Lakeview.
Fire Pit Safety with SERVPRO of North Kenner, Harahan, & Lakeview
Fire pits are a great way to bring friends, family, and kids together. Smores, music and a good time are great during any season. As much fun as they are, fire pits can turn south quickly. Read our tips below to stay safe.
- Place your fire pit no less than 10 feet away from any structures or materials that can catch fire easily. These can include sheds, trees, brush, powerlines, and fences.
- Make sure you have plenty of space around the fire pit so no one is sitting too close.
- Don’t use flammable fluids to light or relight fires.
- To start the fire, use a lighter to ignite crumpled pieces of paper covered with small sticks. Then, add larger sticks and a log or two to keep it burning.
- Burn only dry material. Damp material will create excess smoke.
- Use a fire pit screen on top to help prevent large amber from leaving the controlled area.
- Don’t wear flammable clothing or any loose-fitting clothing.
- Never leave the fire unattended, and keep pets and children far away from the fire. Also, be sure to check the wind direction before lighting a fire.
- Keep a fire extinguisher, garden hose, or bucket of water nearby.
- As the fire dies down, use a shovel and spread out the ashes to allow them to cool down. Then slowly pour water over those ashes and watch them closely to be sure that no burning embers remain or reignite.
If you ever need us due to a fire pit incident or something else, please call SERVPRO of North Kenner, Harahan & Lakeview.
Why Choose SERVPRO of North Kenner, Harahan & Lakeview for Residential or Commercial Water Damage
SERVPRO of North Kenner, Harahan & Lakeview knows that one of the risks that local residents deal with is water damage related to storms and disasters. While many of the homes in the area do their best to make sure preventative measures are in place, no precaution is ever foolproof.
Whether the flooding comes from a natural disaster, busted pipe, or leaking washing machine, it is crucial to act fast to prevent significant damage to your home’s structure, your home’s contents, and prevent the start of mold growth.
SERVPRO of North Kenner, Harahan & Lakeview is a 24/7/365 business. This means that our team of pros are available outside of normal business hours to be there for when you need us. Our technicians get trained in the highest standard of water damage restoration with the best equipment on the market to be able to make your home “Like it never even happened.”
At SERVPRO of North Kenner, Harahan & Lakeview water damage mitigation is only a small piece of the puzzle. We also offer fire and mold damage control as well as state of the art cleaning. Our emergency response team is available 24/7 at (504) 468-3046 for any of your home or commercial property needs.
Flooded North Kenner, Harahan & Lakeview Home
Nobody ever wants to be “that guy” holding pots and pans to catch leaking water, but let’s face it things happen. Luckily a homeowner of a local El Paso home had SERVPRO of North Kenner, Harahan & Lakeview's number handy!
Your toilet is the last thing you think will cause home water damage. However, just as you age causing your muscles and bones to get weak and brittle so do the components of your toilet that allow it to properly function. While some issues might be a drawn-out refilling process that can affect your monthly water bill, more severe consequences might include overflowing of the reservoir when the float mechanism does not engage.
Overflowing reservoirs might not affect your home but it does often require professional water removal and recovery. Even with noticing the problem shortly after it begins, an instance like this can quickly cover the bathroom floor and affect other rooms as well. Removing water yourself with buckets and mops is simply not enough. Even though you may have removed all of the water, there may be moisture lurking within your floors, carpet and baseboards that you cannot see that’s where SERVPRO of North Kenner, Harahan & Lakeview can help.
We understand the frustration and importance of reacting quickly to these types of situations. This is why our highly trained technicians, are ready around the clock to quickly and properly restore your home or business using the IICRC drying principles. We use advanced inspection and extraction equipment to detect all of the water and remove it as quickly as possible. Our technicians will observe and document the drying process to ensure your property is dry.
Whether the water damage is caused by plumbing malfunctions, groundwater, falling water, or weather damage SERVPRO of North Kenner, Harahan & Lakeview is the right professional choice to make in assisting water damages. Give us a call at (504) 468-3046.
Happy Holidays from SERVPRO of North Kenner, Harahan & Lakeview
As the festive season approaches, SERVPRO of North Kenner, Harahan & Lakeview would like to say thank you for all the support and commitment you have shown to us in the last 12 months.
To those who have used our services, thank you for being a loyal customer. It has been a pleasure serving you and supplying you with any mitigation and restoration needs that your home or business may have needed.
We are blessed to be working in an industry that is positioned to help so many. We are blessed in being able to provide aid in this COVID world with the Certified: SERVPRO Clean program. We are stronger as a brand because of it!
We consider you as a friend of SERVPRO of North Kenner, Harahan & Lakeview and extend our warmest wishes for good health and festive cheer. It is people like you that have helped our business get where it is today. We hope you and your family have a magical Holiday Season and a Happy New Year and we look forward to doing business with you next year.
Commercial Vehicle Water Damage
After a long day on the road, one of your employees or yourself may leave the sunroof or window open. Depending on what weather is outside there is a chance your North Kenner, Harahan, & Lakeview business’s commercial vehicle may actually have water damage! Especially in the South, mildew and mold can happen when it's hot and muggy outside and the inside of the commercial vehicle is wet.
SERVPRO of North Kenner, Harahan & Lakeview has dealt with maybe water damage claims inside the home, commercial buildings, and commercial vehicles. We always ensure proper deodorization, drying, and getting rid of staining.
Also, don’t forget we offer COVID-19 cleanings for your commercial vehicle as well. Kill two birds with one stone and call us today at (504) 468-3046 for any water damage or COVID-19 cleanings you may need.
SERVPRO of North Kenner, Harahan, & Lakeview Gift Guide
With the holidays rolling around rather quickly, we have created a list of services and items that any friend or family member in your life would love to receive!
COVID-19 CleaningGive the gift of a sanitized house this holiday season. Our team of professionals will go in and wipe down all high- touch surfaces. This includes but is not limited to, tables, chairs, doorknobs, faucets, counters, and railings. We will then spray with an EPA-registered disinfectant. Not only are you getting a thorough wipe down and spray, but you are also getting the peace of mind of a clean home.
Charity Donation Homelessness, food banks, mentorship programs, and animal shelters are all wonderful causes that rely on the kindness of others. Donating in someone’s name for them is a kind gesture and a gift that keeps on giving.
Carpet Cleaning Do you know someone who neglects their home or business’s carpet and it could use a thorough cleaning? At SERVPRO of North Kenner, Harahan, & Lakeview we offer a variety of carpet cleanings such as bonnet cleaning, hot water extraction, deluxe precondition and rinse, showcase premier cleaning, and dry cleaning. Help a loved one get their carpet back into shape!
Air duct and HVAC Cleaning Air ducts and HVACs are a neglected area of the home, and some homeowners might not even know they need to be serviced. Cleaning this area helps to restore peak energy efficiency, may help to eliminate offensive odors, and helps reduce the potential for mold growth. Give the gift of cleaner air to breathe and extending the lifetime of their equipment.
Phone Sanitizer Trying to find cleaning products these days is tricky. According to TIME, your phone is actually dirtier than a toilet seat! Making a cleaning kit for them, or buying them a phone sanitizing system is a great gift that can be used for years to come.